Sunday, June 21, 2015

Emotional Day

I haven't posted on my blog in quite awhile and that's because 3 weeks ago my Dad passed away.

 
I miss him so very much and of course especially today on Father's Day. We were so very close. I spoke to him and my Mom everyday and saw him almost every other day.

I couldn't have asked for a better Dad. So kind, fair, generous and loving! He was called home to be with his Lord and Saviour on May 30th.

Not only have I and my brother and sister been busy with the funeral and all that comes with the passing of a parent but because my Mother can not be by herself due to 3 strokes we have had to clean out their retirement apartment. So MUCH work but by the end of the month it will be done.

So today is rough one but life goes on and we celebrate Dad's life!

What a blessing my hobby of scrapbooking has been in documenting so many happy family times together. My scrapbooks were displayed at the funeral home and I could tell that family and friends alike enjoyed paging through them and seeing Dad in many of my layouts!

To my Dad....I love you and miss you every day!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your loss Janet. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, Again my thoughts are with you as you learn to adapt without your dad. I just wanted to say, this photo conveys that he was a sweet, sweet man. Cyber hugs!

    ReplyDelete